Whilst we don’t profess to be a ” gravel-brand ” we definitely have a a range of products that suit the demands and performance needs of modern gravel riding!
Take for example our FARR OUT Cromo Frame-Kit, available as a frame/fork combo it can be built for Gravel Grinding, Adventure or even Bikepacking!
Our friends from EcoBound Adventures ( the organizers of South Africa’s TransBaviaans MTB race and To Hell ‘n Back Stage Race ) recently took some bikes on a mini bike packing adventure.
Building the FARR OUT with a practical selection of available gravel components in South Africa, the custom build included amongst others:
- Sram Apex 1 x 11 Drivetrain
- Tektro Spyre Mechanical Disc Brakes ( these work great!!! and are better than some Hydraulics )
- Lezyne Saddle and Handlebar Bags – Caddy XL and BarCaddy ( see www.lezyne.com )
- Go Farr Saddle
- Farr Dot Tubeless Ready Tyres – 700 x 45C
- Farr Toptube Bag – Universal Fitment with Velcro Straps and Ideal for Flash Packing!
Available for just R 8500 ZAR ( around $ 600 USD ) – this Double Butted Cromoly Frame with a matching Butted Cromo Fork features all the modern Gravel Features that are found on carbon rivals — from FlatMount Disc Tabs ( Frame ), Relaxed Geometry with longer wheelbase and taller head tube , Thru-Axle Front and Rear and even Internal Cable Routing!!! Not bad for a $600 USD Combo?
Below are some more of the great pics sent to us.