FARR GMX COMPLETE GRAVEL BIKE – 50CM – BLACK/YELLOW SAMPLE
* Sample Bike – 1 of 3 produced.
The Gravel Monster.
Designed to do alot and well.
Custom Alloy 6061 Frame Tubing.
Big Tyre Clearance for proper offroad fun.
Refined and Tweaked Gravel Geometry.
Explore / Race / Ride / Fun.
Watching the growth and evolution of what the industry terms a “ Gravel Bike “ we really liked the direction things seem to be heading.
With inspiration and the obvious reference to what a Mid 90’s MTB looks like, we wanted to morph those ideas into what a 2020 drop bar bike should be.
A bike that was purposely designed and developed for use on gravel and smoother trails than what a modern MTB would be used for. ( there are plenty of great MTB’s out there already! )
What makes it different to a 1995 Mountain Bike? Well, pretty much everything!
- Bigger 29er wheels ( the 90’s were all about 26” )
- Gravel Specific Frame Geometry ( check those angles , BB drop and headtube lengths etc )
- 1x Drivetrain ( 11 or 12 at the back! )
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes ( how did we ride with those Cantilever brakes anyway )
- Oversize Thru-Axles ( do you remember those skinny 9mm quick release axles? )
We get that some of you would think of this as a John Tomac inspired reincarnation … and if so, then we would be very honoured to be included in that conversation! But it is so much more, it is a bike that can roll on the dirt, grind on the pavement and generally do a lot!
Our 483mm Axle-to-Crown Cromo Rigid fork also means you are welcome to add a 100mm Travel 29er Suspension Fork to the frame and then we have to start this conversation all over again : )
Key Spec Highlights:
- Custom Alloy 6061 Frame with Cromo Fork – Boost Spacing Front and Rear
- Gravel-Specific Frame Geometry with Large Tyre Clearance Front and Rear
- Comfortably Fits 29 x 2.25 Tyres
- SRAM APEX 1 x 11 Drivetrain
- SRAM APEX Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- RACEFACE RIDE Crankset – 32T Direct Mount
- RACEFACE RIDE Alloy Stem
- SRAM PG-1130, 11-42T Cassette
- ALEX GX26P Rims with FORMULA ALLOY Sealed Bearing Hubs
- MAXXIS IKON 29 x 2.20 EXO/TR, 60tpi Tyres
Size : 50cm ( Suit Riders 165 ~ 175cm )